Thursday, January 28, 2010

Is Std Insurance Worth Does Most Insurance Cover STD Testing At An Annual?

Does most insurance cover STD testing at an annual? - is std insurance worth

I have my annual appointment with my gynecologist. In the next week, and are sexually active since my last visit.
Although I have been with one person and are monogamous, I'm sure still being tested only by 100%.

I will not ask for the detection of sexually transmitted diseases, but if it is not covered by insurance, and get a surprise bill in the mail.
Suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, most insurance companies cover the test for sexually transmitted diseases, but you should call your insurance company to verify your coverage just to make sure. If your insurance does not cover, they should contact their local health service to. Most health departments free STD testing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the majority of them. If you are unsure whether they call the number on the back of your insurance card and ask them. It is the only way to be assured by 100%. Some insurance companies you can pay a certain% of the test, etc. So if you need to know to take the call in confidence to. You must make sure that I am, but every year, even though I am in a monogamous relationship, it is better to be proactive.

    ReplyDelete